An Amazing Center of Care for Families in Need
Holcombe House is a home away from home for families whose seriously ill children are being treated at a Texas Medical Center member institution. The House has 70 private bedrooms equipped with two queen size beds and a full bath. Dedicated volunteers provide frequent meals and family activities for residents of the House. The House also has a Houston Independent School District school room for patients and school bus transportation for siblings to area public schools. Additionally, families staying at Holcombe House are provided scheduled weekday van service to Texas Medical Center hospitals and a near-by grocery store.
Holcombe House Additional Features:
- 24-Hour Staffing
- Gated Garage and Surface Parking
- Laundry Facilities
- Indoor and Outdoor Play Areas and Game Room
- Community Kitchens
Eligibility Guidelines During COVID 19
- Parents/guardians of children age 21 or younger who are hospitalized and/or receiving treatment for serious illnesses at a Texas Medical Center member institution are eligible to stay at the Holcombe House.
- Families must have been at their child’s bedside in the hospital for 14 days or be able to produce a negative COVID 19 test that is less than 48 hours old prior to checking into the house.
- Due to COVID 19 families are limited to a patient and their primary caregiver at this time.
- There are no income restrictions for admittance.
- Families must reside outside of a 50 mile radius.
- If the parent of the patient is under the age of 21, he/she must be accompanied 24/7 by an adult over the age of 21.
- Due to safety reasons, pregnant mothers who are admitted into the House, for the purposes of obtaining care for their unborn child(ren), must have an adult (age 21 years or older) with her at all times while at the Holcombe House.
- During their stay at the Holcombe House all families are provided lodging, many meals, laundry facilities, transportation to and from hospitals, and other services. In order to help cover some of these costs, we request a contribution of $25 per night per room. However, if this presents a hardship for a family, arrangements can be made with the Manager on Duty. No one has ever been turned away from Ronald McDonald House Houston because they couldn’t afford to pay.
Admission Guidelines During COVID 19
- All families will require an updated referral from their TMC Health Care Provider or Social Worker.
- A valid photo ID and permanent address is required for check-in.
- All overnight guests age 18 and up must pass a background check prior to admittance.
- Upon passing the background check, your family will be placed on the Request List for your desired check-in date. You will be contacted by the House Manager.
- Please note at this time, we are only accepting 5 families every 14 days. Our House Manager will contact you during our admission period and inform you where you are on the waiting list.
If you have any questions regarding your upcoming stay at the Holcombe House, please call 713-795-3500 between 9AM and 9PM or email email@example.com.