An Amazing Center of Care for Families in Need
Holcombe House provides a home away from home for families who are being treated for a life-threatening condition or serious illness in the Texas Medical Center. Holcombe House has 70 private bedrooms equipped with two queen size beds and a full bath. Dedicated volunteers provide frequent meals and family activities for residents of the House. The House also has a Houston Independent School District school room for patients and school bus transportation for siblings to area public schools. Additionally, families staying at Holcombe House are provided scheduled weekday van service to Texas Medical Center hospitals Monday – Friday.
- 24-Hour Staffing
- Gated Garage & Surface Parking
- Laundry Facilities
- Indoor and Outdoor Play Areas & Game Room
- Community Kitchens
Gated Garage & Surface Parking
Indoor and Outdoor Play Areas & Game Room
- Parents/guardians of children, age 21 or younger, who are hospitalized and/or receiving treatment for a life-threatening or serious illness at a Texas Medical Center member institution, are eligible to stay at Holcombe House.
- All guests must provide a negative PCR COVID 19 test, taken within 48 hours of admission, regardless of their vaccination status.
- There are no income restrictions for admittance.
- Families must reside outside of a 30-mile radius of Holcombe House.
- If the parent of the patient is under the age of 21, he/she must be accompanied 24/7 by an adult over the
age of 21.
- Due to safety reasons, pregnant mothers who are admitted into the House, for the purposes of obtaining care for their unborn child(ren), must have an adult (age 21 years or older) with her at all times while at the Holcombe House.
- During their stay at Holcombe House, all families are provided lodging, many meals, laundry facilities, transportation to and from the hospitals, and other services. The recommended contribution is $25/night but no one will be turned away if they are unable to pay.
Admission Guidelines During COVID-19
- All families must have a current referral from their TMC Health Care Provider or Social Worker.
- A valid photo ID and permanent address are required for check-in.
- All overnight guests age 18 and up must pass a background check prior to admittance.
- Upon passing the background check, your family will be placed on the Request List for your desired check-in date. You will be contacted by the House Manager to review your application and current House guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding your upcoming stay at Holcombe House, please call 713-795-3500 between 9AM and 9PM or email firstname.lastname@example.org.