The House and Family Rooms Inside Texas Children’s Hospital
Our 19 bedroom House inside Texas Children’s Hospital serves families with children in Neonatal, Pediatric and Cardiovascular Intensive Care and provides private bedrooms featuring a full-size bed. Each room has its own bathroom. The living area is equipped with a television, comfortable sofas, and a universal phone charging station. The kitchen/dining area features complimentary snacks and coffee, as well as a refrigerator and a microwave. There is a complimentary laundry facility, family library, and a business center with computers, printers, fax machines and scanners. The Texas Children’s Hospital “Children’s Garden” outdoor space is currently unavailable due to COVID-19 precautions.
Short-Term, Private Rooms with bathrooms
Library with Computer Stations
Rooms may be requested daily, but are not guaranteed. Speak with your child’s ICU bedside nurse for possible assignment of an overnight room. If assigned a room, guests may check in at 4pm and must check out by 11am the next morning. Overnight bedrooms are free to families.
Parents/caregivers whose child is admitted into an intensive care unit may visit RMH Houston inside Texas Children’s Hospital on the 4th Floor Abercrombie building for a tour or to utilize facilities any time during our operating hours of 10am-6pm daily.
There are also 10 different Ronald McDonald House Houston Family Rooms in select units throughout Texas Children’s Hospital. These spaces are available exclusively for families whose children are receiving care on these floors:
- Cancer and Hematology Center’s Inpatient Unit (9th Floor West Tower)
- Cancer and Hematology Center’s Outpatient Clinic (14th Floor Mark Wallace Tower)
- Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (16th, 17th & 18th Floors Legacy Tower)
- Pavilion for Women Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (8th Floor Women’s Pavilion)
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (9th, 10th, 11th & 13th Floors Legacy Tower)
Each Family Room is open 24/7 (with the exception of outpatient clinics) and offers the following to eligible families:
- Living area with a television, comfortable sofas, and a universal phone charging station.
- Kitchen/dining area featuring complimentary snacks and coffee, as well as a refrigerator and microwaves.
- Library for families.
For more information about RMH Houston’s House, Family Rooms and lounges inside Texas Children’s Hospital, please call our office at 832-824-8600, or stop by our office between 10am -6pm daily. We are located on the 4th Floor of the Abercrombie Building, right by the Orange Elevators (Room A4485).